The largest non-fungible token (NFT) market is OpenSea , with a $13.3 billion market cap. On OpenSea, you can use more than 15 wallets to buy, sell, and share NFTs, however the MetaMask wallet is the most widely used.
Following these simple steps will allow you to link your wallet to the OpenSea marketplace:
STEP 1: Download the wallet first.
Both iOS and Android mobile users can download MetaMask from their respective app stores. You can link your wallet to OpenSea on your PC by installing the wallet as a browser extension. For the browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave, the extension is accessible. You should:
- Install the MetaMask wallet add-on.
- Install the browser extension.
STEP 2: Register for a wallet account.
Launch the app after downloading it to begin the account creation process. The onscreen instructions will include specific instructions for creating an account on the wallet, and they are as follows:
- Simply select “Get Started.”
- Choose “Create a wallet” from the menu.
- If you choose to send the data to the wallet, you will be prompted to do so. You can accept or reject.
- Choose a secure password, then select “Confirm.”
- In order to retrieve your password in the future, confirm your seed phrase and keep it somewhere secure.
STEP 3: Connect your wallet to OpenSea in step three.
Open the OpenSea app on your smartphone or tablet or visit the OpenSea website.
- On the OpenSea page, click the wallet icon in the top right corner.
- A list of wallets that OpenSea supports will appear. Choose “MetaMask.” This will make the browser extension active.
- Enter your password, then select “Unlock.”
The MetaMask account you want to connect to should be chosen. Give OpenSea access to your wallet address and account balance so that it can ask for your permission to complete a transaction. Hit “Connect.”
Mobile apps for connecting MetaMask to OpenSea
You cannot make purchases using the mobile application; you can only explore and share the NFTs that are featured on OpenSea. To connect your wallet to OpenSea on your mobile device after downloading the MetaMask and OpenSea apps, follow these steps:
- Start the OpenSea program.
- Click Profile.
- A wallet list will be displayed to you. Choose “MetaMask.”
- Select the account you want to link to OpenSea by checking the appropriate box.
- Select “Next.” This enables OpenSea to check the account balance and address and to submit suggestions for approved transactions.
- Hit “Connect.”
The mobile MetaMask and OpenSea applications are linked together.